Meet a teacher – Part 3

17 de diciembre de 2018

Previously in this blog we met Sue Mellor, a teacher on our B2 level courses and Nelson Pringle who works in C1. In this post we’ll meet Dunya Martinez. Dunya has taught with us for many years in the A2 level courses. As well as working for the CIM Dunya also works for the Access Course for Students Over 25  at the UOC.

Hello Dunya…

Sheffield city centre – Source@Wikimedia Commons

Hi Dunya, can you tell us about yourself?

I’m from Barcelona but when I was younger I lived in Sheffield in the north of England. I loved it there and I learned a lot about English culture and language. I eventually returned to Barcelona and met my husband and now we live here with our two kids and our many pets.

What do you do in your free time?

I absolutely adore my family and love spending time with my kids. Also, every now and again, my friends and I will go away for a long weekend together. We go to places like London, where we can relax, go to the theatre and go shopping.  

What’s a typical working day for you?

I have my own school in my local neighbourhood so in the morning I can be found working in my office there. I usually connect to the UOC in the afternoon and work on my UOC classes then, before my kids get home!

«…in the morning I can be found working in my office»

Do you have any advice for students who are studying on our language courses?

I have been working in A2 for many years; I find that this is a good level for students who need to refresh their English. Maybe they haven’t studied for a long time and they need a “boost” and this can help to give them confidence to move on with their level. At this level, generally speaking, all the grammar they need is “locked away» inside and it just needs to be reactivated. I often find that students are too worried about grammar.  In reality, to be successful at this level, students really need to concentrate on using what they already know in the production speaking and writing activities rather than worrying about grammar. 

Autor / Autora
Comentarios
Deja un comentario